To keep pace with 21th century trends of labour market needs, development of societies, it is crucial to provide students with the skills and knowledge to be successful in their lives. STEAM-based learning programs equip students with the skills and knowledge necessary in labour market. But STEAM also provides students with the ability of critical thinking, dialogue, problem-solving and creativity.
In this course participants will acquire knowledge about education of STEAM subjects, innovative learning methods and tools.
- Teachers and trainers of STEAM subjects
- School leaders
- Teachers and trainers from other fields
During the course we will be searching for the answers to the following questions:
- How do the innovative approaches of STEAM education develop transversal skills?
- What tools support innovative approaches of STEAM education?
- What kind of digital contents and applications provide to motivation of learning?
- Project based teaching in STEAM (experimental/project based/inquiry-based learning)
- Using robotics, drones, and coding during STEAM education
During the course participants will
- understand the concepts of STEAM;
- learn about innovative approaches in STEAM education;
- learn about different tools and methods in teaching STEAM subjects;
- be able to advice school management during the process of STEAM implementation;
- be able to plan their own STEAM courses;
- will deepen their knowledge about the relevance and importance of STEAM education.
Why to choose this course?
Our trainers are highly dedicated to raise the weight the STEAM subjects in education, and to motivate students to choose mathematics and science orientation during their studies. As members of an association focusing on digitalisation in education they are working on advising schools about innovative tools and methods, and motivate them to use innovative, game-based education content built on modern technologies.
The course relies highly on the experience, knowledge, and activity of participants. The training will be fine-tuned according to the participants’ needs and interest which will be collected via questions / questionnaire. We give focus on personal skill development. We work on the themes using sensitizing exercises, group and pair work, brainstorming, structured exercises, role plays, case discussions, co-counselling situations and reflective techniques and exercises. We intend to create a mutual and co-counselling learning situation. Institutional visits, watching and discussing documentary film and storytelling of students are for extending and deepening knowledge and experience. Unit by unit we close the sessions with structured group discussions, mutual feedback. Making personal skill development and work plan serve the future work after closing the course.
- Introduction (group work)
- Introduction of innovative teaching/learning methods in STEAM (project-based and inquiry-based learning)
- Transversal skills and the innovative STEAM education (analytical thinking, critical thinking, problem solving, reflective thinking, teamwork and collaboration, organisational skills and communication skills)
- Digital content in STEAM education – GeoGebra
- Development of algorithmic thinking during STEAM courses – Micro bits (introduction)
- Introduction to the use of Micro bits (single-chip computers) in the development of skills in programming and hardware knowledge
- Complex use of Micro bits during education of STEAM subjects
- Lego and robotics during STEAM education
- Introduction to teaching of robotics
- Use of drones during STEAM education
- Closing of the course, conclusions, feedback
Course may be financed from Erasmus+ program.
Planned courses and registration deadline:
- May 2023 / registration deadline: 30 March 2023
- August 2023 / registration deadline: 30 June 2023
- October 2023 / registration deadline: 30 August 2023
For general information (prices, administration, additional services, etc…) please check this page: https://arbortalent.hu/en/general-information-about-arbor-talent-courses/